Your wedding is coming up fast and you're looking for some unique centerpiece ideas. Why not try making your own wedding lantern centerpiece? It's a fun and easy project that you can do yourself, and the results are stunning. Plus, it's a great way to add a personal touch to your big day.
Lanterns are a great way to add light and beauty to your wedding reception. They come in a variety of styles, so you can find the perfect lanterns to complement your wedding theme. You can hang them from trees or ceilings, or set them on tables as centerpieces. With a few simple supplies, you can create beautiful lantern centerpieces that will make your wedding glow. Check out these DIY lantern wedding centerpiece ideas for inspiration!
Mason Jar Lanterns
Mason jars are a great way to add a personal touch to your diy wedding centerpieces. You can use them to create unique lanterns that will light up your reception venue and add a touch of romance to your wedding decor.
To make mason jar lanterns, you will need:
- mason jars
- fairy lights
Start by cutting a length of wire that is long enough to wrap around the mason jar several times. Wrap the wire around the jar, just below the rim, and secure it in place with a good twist. Use more wire, chain or ribbon to create a hanger for the lantern.
Next, insert a candle or fairy lights into the mason jar. Make sure that the wick is trimmed so that it is just a few inches above the bottom of the jar. If necessary, use a bit of wax to hold the wick in place. Finally, hang the lantern up and enjoy!
These mason jar lanterns are a great way to add a touch of personalization to your wedding décor. They are also relatively inexpensive and easy to make, so they are a great option for couples on a budget. With just a few simple supplies, you can create beautiful lanterns that will add romance and light to your big day.
Glass Bottle Lanterns
Looking for a unique and budget-friendly way to add some glamour to your wedding reception? Try making your own glass bottle lantern centerpieces! All you need are some glass bottles, fairy lights, and a little bit of creativity.
To make your lanterns, start by removing the labels from the glass bottles. If there is any residue left behind, you can clean it off with some vinegar. If your bottle does not have a top that opens, use a drill to make a small hole. The hole should be just big enough to fit the wire of the fairy lights through.
Next, thread the fairy lights through the holes in the bottles. Battery-operated fairy lights work perfectly. Once the lights are in place, arrange the bottles on a table or shelf in your reception area.
Glass bottle lanterns are a unique and budget-friendly way to add some glamour to your wedding reception! These glass bottle lanterns are a beautiful and unique way to light up your wedding reception. Simply place a few fairy lights inside each glass bottle, and you'll have a stunning centerpiece that is sure to impress your guests!
Wood Lanterns with Flowers
Wood lanterns are a beautiful and rustic addition to any wedding. They can be used as centerpieces, accents, or even as aisle markers, perfect for rustic weddings.
If you're looking for something more natural for your wedding centerpieces, wood lanterns are a great option. You can add small flower arrangements, greenery, or other decorations to personalize them. Plus, they're easy to make yourself!
Here are some tips for creating DIY wood lantern wedding centerpieces:
- Choose the right size lanterns for your tables. You'll want to make sure they're not too big or too small.
- Decide on a theme or color scheme and stick to it. This will help your lanterns look cohesive with the rest of your decor.
- Get creative with your floral arrangements! You can use real or artificial flowers, greenery, or even branches.
- Be sure to test out your lanterns before the big day. Make sure they're stable and won't tip over.
- If you're filling the lanterns with flowers, consider adding votive candles around the lantern for a warm glow.
Wood lanterns are a beautiful and unique way to add some flair to your wedding. With a little bit of planning, you can easily create stunning centerpieces that will wow your guests.
If you're looking for a unique and beautiful way to light up your wedding reception, consider making DIY glass lanterns. All you need are some clear vases, candle holders, and candles. You can use any type of decoration you like to personalize your lanterns. With so many different styles of weddings, for a beach wedding, seashells in different shapes, sand or sand dollars make great accents.
Fill the clear vases with sand and seashells for a beachy feel, or use moss or river rocks for a more natural look. Place the candle holder in the center of the vase, then add the lantern. Fill the lantern with battery-operated LED candles or regular tea light candles. For a final touch, decorate the lantern with ribbons, burlap or lace.
Summer weddings are always popular, and these DIY lantern centerpieces are a great way to add a touch of elegance to your celebration. Whether you're having a beach wedding or a more traditional ceremony, these centerpieces will look beautiful.
Your guests will be absolutely amazed by these beautiful DIY lantern centerpieces. They're sure to add a touch of elegance to your wedding celebration, and they're easy to make!
Mini Pumpkin Lanterns
Mini pumpkins are a great idea for a fall wedding. They are inexpensive and easy to find, and they add a touch of autumnal flair to your decor. Plus, they make great centerpieces! Here's how to make your own mini pumpkin lantern centerpieces:
1. Start by hollowing out mini pumpkins. You can do this by using a sharp knife or an electric drill with a long bit...even an electric mixer will do it. Just be careful not to damage the pumpkins.
2. Once the pumpkins are hollowed out, use a small candle or LED light to brighten them up from the inside.
3. Now it's time to get creative! Decorate the outside of the pumpkins however you like. You can use beautiful flowers, paint, markers, glitter, or anything else you can think of.
4. Once your mini pumpkin lanterns are complete, set them out on your tables and enjoy the festive atmosphere they create!
Garden Wedding Lanterns
If you're planning a garden wedding, these DIY wedding lantern centerpieces are the perfect way to add a touch of romance to your big day.
What you'll need:
- Faux flowers or real flowers
- Pillar Candles or Votive Candles
1. Start by deciding on the placement of your lanterns. If you're having a garden wedding, we recommend placing them in the middle of the tables, hanging from a beautiful tree or taking center stage at the ceremony down the aisle.
2. Once you've decided on the placement, it's time to start decorating! For a romantic look, we recommend adding faux flowers and candles to your lanterns.
3. If you're using real flowers, be sure to add a water source to the bottom of the lantern so they don't wilt.
4. Enjoy your beautiful DIY lantern centerpieces!
Wood Slice Lanterns
If you're looking for a unique and eye-catching centerpiece for your wedding, try making your own wood slice lanterns! Simply find some large wood slices (you can often get these from local tree service companies), drill a hole in the middle, and insert a small pillar candle or tea light. If using a tea light, check the burn time. Some tea light candles burn for only 3-4 hours but if you're using these at your reception you might need a much longer burn time.
Arrange the wood slices in the middle of the table, add flowers and you've got yourself a beautiful and rustic decoration that your guests will love!
If you're looking for an easy and inexpensive way to add a touch of elegance to your wedding reception, consider making your own paper lantern centerpieces. All you need are some paper lanterns, square dowels, and a little bit of creativity.
Paper lanterns are a good thing for wedding centerpieces because they come in a variety of colors and sizes. You can also find them at most craft stores. Square dowels can be found at your local hardware store.
To make the centerpieces, simply adhere the paper to the square dowels using a hot glue gun or double-sided tape. Then, arrange the centerpieces on each table. Add a votive candle or battery-operated tea lights inside the lanterns for a bit of ambiance.
If you're looking for something a little different, you could also try making your own paper flowers or table numbers to adorn the centerpieces. This is a great way to add a personal touch to your diy wedding decorations.
I hope you found these DIY Wedding Lantern Centerpiece Ideas to be inspiring! Please let me know which one is your favorite.
Happy Lantern DIYing!